General Use and Maintenance
You will obtain the optimum from your Rogue Ice Cooler by following the below instructions.
- Putting frozen or pre-chilled products into your cooler to start with, will increase the life of your ice and keep the products colder for longer.
- Do not throw sharp or hard objects like blocks of ice into the cooler from a height as this may pierce the inner core.
- Organise the products in your Rogue Ice Cooler to reduce the number of times and duration it will be kept open during use.
- To ensure an enduring all-day ice cold experience, as a rule of thumb use about 25% ice to 75% product. For example, a 45L Cooler should have 2 bags of ice (5kg each).
- Try to keep your Rogue Ice Cooler in the shade, out of direct sunlight. This will assist with keeping your product colder longer, as well as maintaining the shape and longevity of your cooler. When exposed to heat and direct sunlight, all polymers soften slightly and can change shape temporally, that is the nature of the material.
- Try to keep the lid tightened down with the leather straps as much as possible, especially when traveling or being exposed to direct sunlight. This will ensure an airtight seal.
- Always ensure that the drain bung is screwed on tight when in use.
- You can sit or stand on your Rogue Ice Cooler, no problem. It has been designed to take an average weight of 90kgs and the hard knocks that come with being an outdoor man’s best friend.
- Quality of ice is important. Large blocks of ice take longer to melt compared to small, thin pieces of ice (slush). If you are looking to keep ice for a few days, use blocks.
- Quantity of ice is important, don’t scrimp on ice!
- You can create your own block ice by freezing boiled drinking water in plastic bottles which becomes a source of ice cold fresh water.
Cleaning & Maintenance:
- Do not use any solvents or chemicals to clean your Rogue Ice Cooler. Wash with warm soapy water.
- Dry the walls with a clean cloth.
- Do not leave out in the sun to dry, will cause distortion.
- Store in a cool dry place with drain plug open.